How the Test Works
AgraQuant® Mycotoxin products are direct competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA). One universal sample extraction using a 70% methanol solution can be applied to analyse six classes of mycotoxins with eight different kits. Some kits apply a dilution of the sample extract to reduce matrix effects.
After combining sample extract or calibrators and enzyme conjugated toxin in the antibody coated well the competitive reaction takes 10 – 60 min (first incubation). Subsequent washing removes unbound reactants followed by the addition of substrate starting a colour reaction that takes 5 – 20 min (second incubation). The intensity of the colour is inversely proportionate to the concentration of mycotoxin in the sample or standard. A stop solution prevents further development of the colour reaction enabling reproducible measurements of the intensity using a microwell reader. Results can be interpreted by using Romer Labs spreadsheets.
Each kit comes complete with 5 to 6 standards, 48 or 96 antibody- coated microwells, 48 or 96 colour- coded dilution microwells, conjugate, substrate and stop solution.
- One sample extraction to analyse six mycotoxins
- Simple workflow and no clean up steps required
- Wide range of validated commodities
- Up to 30 minutes reading time after stopping the reaction
- 48 or 96 breakaway microwell format
- Minimises waste and maximizes value
- ELISA Procedure
- General Brochure
- Total Aflatoxin – Food and Feed (1-20PPB)
- Total Aflatoxin – Food and Feed (4-40PPB)
- Aflatoxin B1 – Food and Feed (2-50PPB)
- Aflatoxin M1 – Milk Products
- Aflatoxin M1 – Milk Products (Sensitive)
- Aflatoxin M1 – Milk Products (High Sensitivity)
- Fumonisin – Food and Feed
- Zearalenone – Food and Feed
- T-2 – Food and Feed (20-500PPB)
- Deoxynivalenol – Food and Feed (0.25-5.0PPB)
- Ochratoxin – Food and Feed (2-40PPB)