The Perten Rapid Visco Analyser (RVA) models are cooking, stirring viscometers with variable shear capability and programmable temperature ranges from -10°C up to 140°C. Developed for testing a wide range of rheological properties in grain, flour, starch, hydrocolloids, gelling systems and foods. They can be used to characterise viscosity development or degradation and ingredient functionality within the finished product and to optimise formulation control.
- Viscosity Development (time/temperature dependent)
- Viscosity Degradation (time/enzyme dependent)
- Starch pasting curves
- Ratio of raw / cooked starch within food
- Cereal Grains
- Flour Milling & Baking
- Hydrocolloids Gums
- Extruded & Cooked Foods
- Temperature and stirring speed can be programmed to follow international standard methods
- Combines speed, precision, flexibility and automation
- Unique tool for research, product development, process monitoring, QC/QA to optimise ingredient use, product formulation and processing conditions
- Sensitivity and accuracy when analysing low viscosity samples and wide dynamic range when analysing high viscosity samples.